We will never rush you on the journey to find your new home.
We’re here to listen, guide and partner you in the process. We are part of the community and have a dynamic network of contacts to help uncover your next move. We go the extra mile to identify off-market and overlooked properties to open up those opportunities in finding the “one”!
With proven strategies, and a genuine desire to see you happy, GRE gives buyer clients the competitive advantage in this market climate.
Free Buyer Resources
We're here to make it easy, so take some time to have a read through some of our buyer resources, or reach out to us for a chat (any excuse for a coffee). We will take the time to listen and help you find your new home.
We also offer exclusive buying clubs; join our 'Sneak Peak' club and be the first to know when new properties hit the market.
Tell us about 'Your Dream Home' or 'Your Dream Street’, so we can help your dream become a reality.
Let's get you home...
Choosing to buy a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make in your life. It’s complex and requires a lot of planning but engaging with a knowledgeable Real Estate Agent to make the process run smoothly is a great way to simplify the process. To help get you ready, here is a general overview of what to expect and prepare.
Get Your Finances in Order
- The first thing you’ll need to do is put money aside for a down payment. This amount is (at minimum) 20% of the purchase price of the home you’re planning to buy. Second, you’ll need to meet with a lender to determine what you can afford. Shopping around for the best rate is highly recommended.
Visualise Your Dream Home
- Once you’ve established a price range, it’s time to decide what type of home will best suit your lifestyle. Think about things like access to schools, recreational facilities, what the area is like, and so on. Why you’re choosing to buy should help answer these questions for you — so think about it carefully. You may want to put this down in writing and create a needs vs wants list.
Meet With a Real Estate Agent
- It’s important to partner with an Agent you feel completely comfortable with. A good Agent can help you find your dream home, one that meets both your needs and your budget. They will set you up with viewing appointments, and also help bring clarity to the complicated process of buying a home. You’ll want to go with an experienced and knowledgeable professional who you can be sure will represent your best interests.
- Using the property search websites and consulting with your Agent, you will be able to find homes in your desired area. They’ll update you frequently regarding new listings and schedule you appointments with sellers.
- Your Agent can help you place an offer that the seller will either accept, counter, or reject. After you’ve negotiated an offer, you’ll need to conduct a home inspection and deal with any repairs (the cost of which you can also negotiate with the seller). Finalise your mortgage with a visit to your lender, and you’re ready to sign off on ownership.
- At this point, congratulations are in order! Becoming a new homeowner is one of the most liberating things you’ll ever experience. There are many benefits to home ownership — pride of ownership, the ability to make home improvements, building equity, appreciation — the list goes on.
6 Great Tips to get you started
Buying a home is a huge decision and a serious investment, financially and emotionally.
There’s a lot to think about, so it helps to have a checklist, so you don’t forget anything important.
DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Spend some time researching the market, both over the internet and by physically looking at properties.
- Get to know the values of properties in the area you want to buy so you can be confident to make an offer when ready.
GET YOUR FINANCE READY
- Make sure you can afford to buy what you want, speak with a Lender and do the numbers so you know your limits.
- Having your finance ready and pre-approved can put you in a stronger position to make a good offer that will be accepted.
- If you’re confident with prices and ready to buy, don’t waste anytime when the right property comes up.
- If you hesitate, someone else will swoop in and buy it, and it could be months before you find something suitable again.
NO PROPERTY IS PERFECT
- It can be the same for everyone, there always seems to be one or two things wrong with every property, and the one that seems perfect is always 20% more than you want to spend.
- Be prepared to make a little bit of sacrifice, those looking for perfect usually waste so much time, by the time they buy something prices have gone up 10%.
DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE
- If you have made an offer, make sure you do your due diligence. It’s wise to do a building and pest inspection, and possibly a search of the body corporate records
- If you’re buying a unit, you can put these in as conditions in the contract so you can negotiate and secure the property first.
NO REGRETS, ENJOY!
- Many people feel an instant sense of fear or nervousness when they have just bought a property. Have no regrets.
- You made the best decision you could make based on all the knowledge you had at that time, it will always pay off in the long run. Just enjoy it. Welcome home!
No open for inspections available, please contact the office at 03 8744 3211 to make a private inspection time.